Monday, January 05, 2009

TechNet Set to Receive Windows 7 & More on Windows Search

Well, today is the starting date for TechNet participants to receive their copy of Microsoft Windows 7, but when it comes to beta testers, still nothing. No firm date from Microsoft, nothing but speculation, a few hard lined Windows fan boys going nuts thinking they’ll get it either today or this week. Personally, bring it on, I’m anxious to get started.

In my last post I placed a few links on there which will add in Explorer search support for those particular websites, OpenSearch was started by Brandon Live, a regular Neowin poster who works for Microsoft, and evolved into a major feature in Windows 7. Long Zheng posted a Flickr addon for it, and Brandon wrote a Deviantart one as well. I personally love this feature, as I use search a lot in Windows, and having the ability to open up Explorer and search through a website FROM Explorer would’ve been nice, but now it comes included in one of the many features of Windows 7 that’s making this out to be probably the most exciting release of Windows to date.

As of right now I don’t have Windows 7, not even the leaks, so I haven’t been able to test these search features myself and see how well it works. All I know is that they DO work due to other people testing them out for me, and not hearing any complaints about them so far. I’m coming up dry for new websites to make OSDX scripts for, but one of the things on my to do list today is to make a dedicated post for all the OSDX files I create and throw them on the bar on the side for download.

Edit ~ Link posted on the side in Helpful Links, you can download all the latest search providers for OpenSearch that I create on that link.

No comments: