Thursday, March 05, 2009

Comcast Rant Part 2

Being as I’m a jerk about high latency and problems with my ISP, hell, that’s what made me change from a terrible ISP to a better ISP, Cavalier Telephone (Which is abysmal, don’t even think about signing up with them), to Comcast (Not as abysmal). The fact that they can’t seem to figure out what’s going on, and despite a tech coming out, three phone calls, maintenance checking it out, claiming they will “Fix it tomorrow”, the problem persists. With Comcast being one of the only viable options for having an ISP aside from dialup at the moment, and even that isn’t too viable, I’m stuck, bent over a barrel.

I’ve had latency issues before with Comcast, all of which seemed to have been fixed on their own, and all about a year and a half into my subscription. How this is happening again, and where to even look for an answer to these issues is completely bewildering, and overwhelming. I’d like to consider myself tech savvy, but I will admit that I’m completely clueless to anything networking, it’s my Achilles heel. I’d be able to deal with it, if for instance, it wasn’t the fact that I play Counter-Strike Source competitively in a clan with possible TWL, CAL, even CPL perspectives. Having a high latency and an unreliable ISP is a killer combination to anything fast game play related.

So why in the hell does Comcast not train their employees to better deal with these issues? I’ve spoken with several techs and all of them tell me that they don’t have the training that high end maintenance and tech support have.

“It makes us look like idiots when we run into problems we do not know how to fix.” – One Comcast Tech

Again I’ll give it time, I’ll keep chatting with Comcast. Squeaky oil gets the grease, so says several people, including my late Grandfather. I’ll continue to write rants, posts, and info as I get them, keeps me from sitting here festering with irritation.

No comments: