Thursday, August 06, 2009

Monitor Woes, & Office 2010

Well, in an odd twist, my monitor decided to randomly fix itself, although I'm certain that the fix won't hold, and I'm just buying time until I can buy a monitor and hardware upgrade later this month. So, Windows 7 finally became available to MSDN & Technet, so some of those lucky individuals will be able to upgrade to Windows 7, and activate fully. Personally I've been able to activate my copy of Windows 7 x64 after installing it last night. Originally I was intending to upgrade once I got my new hardware upgrades, but my acceptance into the Office 2010 Technical Preview threw a wrench in my plans, and rather than installing and setting up, as well as activating Office 2010 and then having to reformat and lose some information, as well as having to activate again, I would just install it early, set up my email accounts in Outlook and activate my copy of Office 2010.


Posting to blogs via Microsoft Word as far as I know might not be a new feature, but I've been able to accomplish this in MS Word 2010, and absolutely love it, everything in the Windows Live suite, aside from Messenger, has been replaced by this Office suite, Writer has been replaced by Word, with it's blog posting features, and Live Mail has been replaced by Outlook, although the fact that Outlook strips my web side inbox clean when it downloads new mail, and Live Mail didn't do this, is aggravating to say the least. If I ever get over my massive case of lazy, I'll write up a review of the suite, complete with screenshots, but for now, I'm focusing on my hardware upgrades and getting this sudden wave of hardware failures behind me.

No comments: